I am one of those selfish mothers who take advantage of grandparents who live close by to watch their children while they take a mommy time out. Yes, I have been kid-less since 7:30am. When opportunity knocks, where I can have a little "ME" time, I jump all over it. I love my children more than anything. But I also love doing other things. And following are some things I did today, without my sweet little blessings.
1. Drove in a car for 5 1/2 hours solid, listening to talk radio, HAIRSPRAY, and my husband.
2. Had a passionate discussion with The Boss regarding the caliber of various California State Colleges, in which we called to survey friends and family to try and prove the other wrong. I won. Of course.
3. Walked around some clothing stores and tried on clothes for the heck of it. I wasn't rushed and I didn't buy anything.
4. Ate a delicious hamburger that literally melted in my mouth and finished it off with some light and crispy fries.
5. Caught up on my blog reading. I went through and read every new post on my friends and family list. This took a couple hours.
6. Watched an entire Lifetime Movie.
7. Worked out in a fancy, air-conditioned gym for 2 hours, with my own little TV at each machine. (I don't get that at home)
8. Took a 20-minute, scorching hot shower.
9. Sat down and read 2 chapters of my book, which I plan to continue doing as soon as I am done with this post.
I must admit, being able to do all these things has been quite relaxing for me. These are all things I enjoy doing, but don't always get the chance to. However wonderful this is, I SO MUCH miss my sweet little boys. I will continue to enjoy myself I'm sure, I will take advantage of this time to rejuvenate my "ME", but I will be ready to come home and sweep my boys up in my arms. I sure wouldn't trade them for all the ultra-relaxing days in the world.