Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter was a lot of fun with the boys this year. They got to participate in four Easter Egg hunts! By Easter Sunday, they were pretty good at getting eggs. Mama's Boy would shake them each before he put them in his basket. In fact, since the first Easter Egg hunt they did, a week before Easter, every morning they would wake up with their baskets and say "we want to get eggs!", it was so cute! We started off by coloring Easter eggs at the Lehi home, with all the Lehi cousins. The boys actually did pretty well. Big Brother liked just throwing the eggs in the dye... we had a lot of cracked eggs. :) But they mostly liked to color on the eggs with crayons. That was the safest way to go anyhow. Once we pulled out the stickers to put on the eggs, all they wanted to do was stick them on themselves. Oh well! It was super fun either way!


Easter morning was especially fun. The Easter Bunny left eggs for the boys to get, as well as a basket of goodies. Of course all Mama's Boy cared about were the trains that he got... go figure. They were really cute though, they even put some eggs on Queen Bee's walker. She surely didn't get it, but she enjoyed the attention! Grammy Pammy and Grandpa came over and made a very yummy breakfast. They we got to enjoy a special treat this year, General Conference. I absolutely LOVE General Conference. We never miss a moment of it. Every talk, on Saturday and Sunday, is always spectacular. With Easter on the same Sunday as General Conference, it makes the true meaning of Easter so wonderful. I really do wish every Easter was on the same Sunday as General Conference. While Conference is great every time, it really spoke to our family in a special way given the trials we are facing at this time. It was just perfect, and it will forever be a Conference and an Easter we will always remember.
After the second session of General Conference, we headed out to Modesto for dinner and an Easter Egg hunt with the Lehis. We had a wonderful yummy dinner and enjoyed hanging out with Grandma and all the cousins. Our kids just love all their cousins. I have really enjoyed seeing them play and have fun together lately. I hope they will always be close.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter, that you were able to enjoy it with family and people you love. Reflecting on our Savior, and everything he suffered for us, that he rose and lives, and that we may rise and live again with him someday brings such peace to me.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Just have to tell you I love all your recent posts! Your family is gorgeous (that baby!) and I'm so glad you are all so happy. Plus you are gorgeous and skinny again already. Your kids are lucky to have you as their mom.

Debbie said...

It looks like you had a fun Easter. I love the holidays with the kids. They make it so much more fun and exciting. I am sad to hear about Donna. It made me cry just reading your blog. She is such an awesome lady. I hope that all is well. I will keep her in my prayers.

Jenibelle said...

Oh that Emma! Such beautiful children you have, love them all!

PBJKLI Ussery said...

Hey! How have you guys been lately? How are your kids... you need to get some updated pics on here for those of us who don't get to see them otherwise! ;-) How is Aaron's mom doing? Write me sometime... and give this blog a little update for my sake. Love you! Give the kids hugs from me!

Katrina said...

Brandi!!! How are you?? I have been thinking about you so much. I hope that you are doing okay!