Monday, September 29, 2008

Mommy - "ME" - Time

I am one of those selfish mothers who take advantage of grandparents who live close by to watch their children while they take a mommy time out. Yes, I have been kid-less since 7:30am. When opportunity knocks, where I can have a little "ME" time, I jump all over it. I love my children more than anything. But I also love doing other things. And following are some things I did today, without my sweet little blessings.

1. Drove in a car for 5 1/2 hours solid, listening to talk radio, HAIRSPRAY, and my husband.

2. Had a passionate discussion with The Boss regarding the caliber of various California State Colleges, in which we called to survey friends and family to try and prove the other wrong. I won. Of course.

3. Walked around some clothing stores and tried on clothes for the heck of it. I wasn't rushed and I didn't buy anything.

4. Ate a delicious hamburger that literally melted in my mouth and finished it off with some light and crispy fries.

5. Caught up on my blog reading. I went through and read every new post on my friends and family list. This took a couple hours.

6. Watched an entire Lifetime Movie.

7. Worked out in a fancy, air-conditioned gym for 2 hours, with my own little TV at each machine. (I don't get that at home)

8. Took a 20-minute, scorching hot shower.

9. Sat down and read 2 chapters of my book, which I plan to continue doing as soon as I am done with this post.
I must admit, being able to do all these things has been quite relaxing for me. These are all things I enjoy doing, but don't always get the chance to. However wonderful this is, I SO MUCH miss my sweet little boys. I will continue to enjoy myself I'm sure, I will take advantage of this time to rejuvenate my "ME", but I will be ready to come home and sweep my boys up in my arms. I sure wouldn't trade them for all the ultra-relaxing days in the world.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

How fun! Where'd you go?? I need one of those... I just can't leave Chloe quite yet, maybe in a few more months!

Colleen said...

Way to take advantage of that MTO! I always miss the boys when we are away too, but not so much that I don't have such a good time as me, rather than as mommy!
Glad you had some time to relax!

Suburban Monkey said...

glad you had some you time so you could rejuvenate yourself!

Janell said...

Oh yes that all sounds so nice. Glad you could get away and enjoy so many nice things!

Andrea said...

Good for you girl! How long are they gone? Enjoy it while it lasts!

Christina said...

I am all over the mommys time outs! It's doesn't change our love for our little ones, and time outs help mommys to love themselves more. It sure sounds like you had a lot of good time to relax a bit.

Jones said...

it's amazing how sometimes I can't wait to drop my kids off at my parents house and have "ME" time, but then by the end of the day I can't wait to pick them up!! gotta get away, then gotta have them with me!!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your day...I too take FULL advantage of having family close by!!

dntbaker said...

what i would do for mommy -me- time!!! especially before baby number 2 gets here. devin and i still haven't had a date just the 2 of us!