Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Did you know?

Hopefully most of you know that this week is the Democratic National Convention. I have been paying close attention to the speakers, trying to watch and get as much information as I can about Barack Obama. I have learned a lot about the democrats just in the last two days. For instance, sometimes democrats get pinned as being anti-American and anti-Religion. However, did you know that the DNC opens everyday with a prayer, the salute of colors & flag, pledge of allegiance, and the National Anthem? I didn't. I learned something new. I think it is no secret that I consider myself as a Republican, but I feel it is my duty, as an American Citizen who will be voting for the next President of the United States, to learn as much as I can about BOTH candidates. Whether I like it or not, Barack Obama may be my next President. And instead of complaining about him and all his policy, I have been trying to watch this DNC with an open mind and look for things I DO agree with. I encourage everyone to do the same. It is not enough to turn on the 10:00pm news and get a 5 min brief on NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, etc... and their SPIN on what is and is not important. Shouldn't WE the voter decide what IS and IS NOT important? And you just might learn something you didn't know before.

2 comments:

Suburban Monkey said...

Way to be proactive Brandi!! I am impressed and you are inspiring!

Christina said...

I agree. If we don't know about BOTH parties, there is a chance we won't know about our President in the event the one you didn't vote for wins. Totally agree.